About us

Our Patron

The Henry Euler Memorial Trust [THEMT] is honoured to have as its Patron,
His Excellency, the Lieutenant-Governor of the Bailiwick of Guernsey, Vice Admiral
Sir Ian Corder KBE, CB., who was sworn in on 14th March 2016.

Advocate Garth Bainbridge

Born in Guernsey (1954), Garth Bainbridge qualified as a Barrister before obtaining a Certificat d’Études Juridiques Françaises et Normandes at Caen University. He was called to the Guernsey Bar in 1980 and was subsequently appointed a Notary Public. He practised law and was a partner (until 2010) in one of Guernsey’s leading law firms. He is a member of the Guernsey National Trust, La Société Guernesiaise, the Art Fund and the Friends of the Priaulx Library. He was appointed a Trustee of The Henry Euler Memorial Trust in 2005.

Jurat Neil Hunter

Born in Sale, Cheshire (1954), Neil Hunter joined the former Midland Bank and worked in the north-western regional office and various local branches until 1991, when he was appointed Manager of the Alderney branch (now HSBC). He is currently working with an Alderney accountancy practice. He was sworn in as a Jurat of the Alderney Court in 2009 and has been Chairman since 2012. He is a past President of the Alderney Golf Club, enjoys following sport and fishing in island waters. He was appointed a Trustee of The Henry Euler Memorial Trust in 2010.

Jurat Colin Partridge O.B.E.

Born in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire (1941), he lived in Guernsey for six years before moving to Alderney in 1978 and served for 22 years in the Court of Alderney, sixteen of those as Chairman before retiring in 2012. He was appointed O.B.E. in 2011 for voluntary service to the Court of Alderney. He continues to run an architectural practice and worked for twelve years as Military Historical Consultant to the ‘Fortress Guernsey’ programme. He is a lecturer and author of books on Channel Islands’ military and naval history. He was a close, personal friend of the late Mary Euler, and was a founder Trustee of The Henry Euler Memorial Trust.